Search SOAR to find all available library materials or search the catalog to locate materials in the physical collection.
* Use your login for Valor Wireless to access library resources from off-campus.
Mission & Library Hours
The mission of the Valor Library is to teach information literacy skills and to provide resources which stimulate critical thinking, authentic research and a love of reading.
Monday, Wednesday-Friday: 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
* For breaks and altered schedules, library hours will be posted on the library door.
What's up @ the library?
Surprising Mental Health Benefits of Doing Puzzles
Puzzling is fun and relaxing but did you know that puzzling also has numerous health benefits? Read on for three benefits.
1. Stress Relief Puzzles can help us relax. Our brains go from "Beta" or awake, to a state of "Alpha" when you are assembling puzzles. The Alpha state is similar to the state we are in when we are dreaming.
2. Improved Mood Solving puzzles has another great benefit. It increases brain production of dopamine. This neurotransmitter is responsible for regulating mood and optimism. Dopamine is released every time we do a puzzle and even every time we put a piece in the right place.
3. Increase Your IQ Researchers from the University of Michigan, led by Dr. Susanne Jäggi, found that spending 25 minutes a day solving puzzles and riddles can raise your IQ by 4 points.
Come by the library to puzzle and experience the benefits. You may even catch Swoop adding a piece to the puzzle!
Have any questions? Don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com