Summer is a great opportunity for students to expand their academic foundation by taking preparation courses, enrichment courses, or for-credit courses. Valor offers a variety of summer school options, giving currently enrolled Valor students the opportunity to explore areas of interest and possibly add free time to a busy school year schedule by completing a required course over the summer.
For-Credit Summer School Policies
- Valor Summer School is an opportunity for students to take courses that meet graduation requirements for the purpose of adding margin.
- Summer School math courses are for the purpose of advancement to the next level and do not exempt a student from being enrolled in a math course each of their four years at Valor.
- We recommend that students consult with their Academic and College counselor before registering for any Summer School course.
- Courses taken outside of Valor are reserved for special academic situations and need to first be approved by the Academic Leadership Team.
Registration and Payment
- Online registration for summer school is now open.
- Payment for summer school must be made in full at the time of registration.
Withdrawal from Class
Summer school courses are held in a significantly shorter time frame compared to the regular school year. Withdrawal from a summer school class may be done so with the following understanding:
- Students who withdraw from a class during the first week will not receive a penalty on their transcript.
- Students who withdraw after completion of the first week will receive a “W” (Withdrawal) on their transcript.
- Students who withdraw after completion of the second week will receive a “WF” (Withdrawal Failure) on their transcript, which will be calculated as a failing grade.
- Families are eligible to receive a 100% refund if the student withdraws no later than one week prior to the start of class.
- Families are eligible to receive a 75% refund if the student withdraws within one week, but more than three days before the start of class as long as the spot can be filled by another student. If the spot cannot be filled, families will be eligible to receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds will be given for students who withdraw within three days prior to the start of class or any time thereafter.